The Office of Family Assistance (OFA) will hold the Health Profession Opportunity Grants (HPOG) Roundtable Meetings in February, March, and April 2020. The dates, locations, and grantee assignments are listed below. The Roundtable Meetings will be two full days each. Participants should plan to arrive the evening before the meetings begin and should not select flights that leave earlier than 7:30 pm on the second day of meetings. Please plan accordingly.
The goal of this year’s Roundtables is to provide all grantees with additional training to help effectively serve program participants by increasing mental health awareness and learning how to use concrete coaching strategies to build participant resilience. On Day 1 of the Roundtable, grantees will receive the internationally recognized eight-hour Mental Health First Aid training that will certify attendees as Mental Health First Aiders. The Mental Health First Aid course builds mental health literacy and helps the public identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illness. A certification that is good for three years will be issued to each participant at the conclusion of the training.
On Day 2 of the Roundtable, attendees will learn how to build participant resilience, incorporating components from the Human Services Coaching Framework™, which teaches human services professionals a person-centered, strength-based way of working with others. As always, each session will be highly interactive and engaging and will allow ample time for sharing among attendees.
Three staff from every grantee are expected to attend each Roundtable. The Project Director is required; they may choose the remaining two attendees based on the meeting topic. Attendees will be subject to final approval by the Program Specialist. As a reminder, you will use grant funds to cover your travel and accommodations for this event, since this was a required part of your budget.
Registration deadline: January 30, 2020
- Action for a Better Community, Inc.
- Alamo Community College District
- Central Susquehanna Intermediate Unit
- Community College of Allegheny County
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys
- Hostos Community College
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Schenectady County Community College
- Volunteers of America Texas
- Zepf Center
Registration deadline: February 13, 2020
- Cankdeska Cikana Community College
- Central Community College
- Community Action Project of Tulsa County Inc.
- Cook Inlet Tribal Council, Inc.
- Edmonds Community College
- Great Plains Tribal Chairman’s Health Board
- Rogue Community College District
- Turtle Mountain Community College
- Ute Mountain Ute Tribe
- Workforce Development Council of Seattle-King County
- Worksystems, Inc.
Registration deadline: March 5, 2020
- Buffalo and Erie County Workforce Development Consortium, Inc.
- Chicago State University
- Eastern Connecticut Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
- Kansas Department of Commerce
- Missouri Department of Social Services
- Pima County Community College District
- San Jacinto College
- South Carolina Department of Social Services
- The Workplace
- Volunteers of America Michigan
- Workforce Development Board SDA-83, Inc.